Hi, and welcome to LNZ Nutrition! I am Linzy. I am a Registered Dietitian and a busy mom to a toddler boy, baby boy and a puppy.
Prior to founding LNZ nutrition, I worked as a supermarket dietitian, and as a Clinical Nutritionist at Hospital for Special Surgery. I have worked with many children and their parents dealing with food allergies, food intolerances, picky eating, EOE and FPIES. After working in many areas in the nutrition field, I found my true passions; working with pediatric food allergies/ intolerances, weight management, sports nutrition, picky eating and prenatal/ postnatal nutrition.
I work with my patients to teach them that healthy eating should not be stressful or challenging. My definition of healthy eating is not skipping dessert or avoiding your favorite foods, but simply making healthier decisions and portion control.
A few things that I do in my practice:
- Work with young athletes to help them maximize performance with diet
- Teach children with food allergies/intolerances what foods to avoid and how to plan a diet that includes needed nutrients
- Work with families that have meal time stress to make meal times enjoyable
- Help expectant mothers conquer the challenges of eating during pregnancy
There is a lot of contradicting information about nutrition. I am here to help you navigate the science and simplify the information. Let LNZ nutrition make healthy eating part of your every day life!
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- MS in Nutrition from Lehman College
- Clinical dietetic internship at NewYork- Presbyterian Hospital
- BS in Retail Management and Consumer Studies from Syracuse University
- Certificate in Adult Weight Management from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Greater New York Dietetic Association
- Long Island Dietetic Association
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Business and Communications Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Pediatric Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group