Hi, and welcome to LNZ Nutrition! I am Linzy. I am a Registered Dietitian and a busy mom to two toddler boys, and a puppy.
Prior to founding LNZ nutrition, I worked as a supermarket dietitian, and as a Clinical Nutritionist at Hospital for Special Surgery. After working in many different areas in the nutrition field, I found my true passions; expanding the diets of picky eaters; introducing solids to infants; youth sports nutrition; general healthy eating; food allergies and food intolerances.
I work with my patients to teach them that healthy eating should not be stressful or challenging. My definition of healthy eating is not skipping dessert or avoiding your favorite foods, but simply making healthier decisions and portion control.
A few things that I do in my practice:
- Work with families to help them develop a healthy relationship with food
- Work with young athletes to help them maximize performance with diet
- Teach children with food allergies/intolerances/food allergic disorders what foods to avoid and how to plan a diet that includes needed nutrients
- Work with families that have meal time stress to make meal times enjoyable
- Help expectant mothers conquer the challenges of eating during pregnancy
- Teach kids nutrition cooking classes (ages 17 months – 10 years old)
There is a lot of contradicting information about nutrition. I am here to help you navigate the science and simplify the information. Let LNZ nutrition make healthy eating part of your every day life!
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- MS in Nutrition from Lehman College
- Clinical dietetic internship at NewYork- Presbyterian Hospital
- BS in Retail Management and Consumer Studies from Syracuse University
- Certificate in Adult Weight Management from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics