It is no secret that I am peanut butter obsessed!
Peanut butter is without a doubt one of my favorite foods. As you know, on Mondays I usually highlight a product of the week. Because of my peanut butter obsession, today’s product of the week is a little different. I have a few favorite peanut butters so could not choose just one!
Not all peanut butters are equals! Many contain added sugars, oils or salt. None of this is needed for peanut butter since the only ingredient necessary to make peanut butter is peanuts!
My favorite peanut butters:
- Trader Joes
- Crazy Richards
My favorite ways to enjoy peanut butter:
- On top of a whole grain waffle, whole grain bread or cinnamon raisin english muffins with sliced banana, berries, or a sliced apple
- As a sweet potato topping
- As an oatmeal topping
- For cookie recipes and in baked oatmeal recipes
- In a frozen graham cracker peanut banana sandwich (see recipe below)
- Spread on a date as a pre or post workout snack
Frozen Graham Cracker Sammies
- 1-2 Ripe Bananas
- 1-2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
- Graham Crackers
Mash ripe bananas, and stir mashed bananas together with the peanut butter. Spread peanut butter/banana mixture onto graham crackers creating a graham cracker sandwich and place in the freezer over night (or for a few hours if you cannot wait the night). Take out of the freezer and enjoy a delicious, frozen, peanut buttery treat!
And in case you were wondering, I eat both crunchy and creamy varieties!
I love other nut butters too (I am looking at your almond butter and mixed nut butters), and have favorites for those too but that is for another post!
What is your favorite type of peanut butter, and what is your favorite way to eat it?