Fall 2022 programs are currently scheduled for various preschools, JCC’s and libraries. Classes are available for ages 17 months – 10 years old.
Private classes, virtual classes, after school programs and birthday parties are all available. Contact Linzy at LNZNutrition@gmail.com
About the class: Children will cook while developing their math, science and reading skills. Involving children in the kitchen will also help encourage picky eaters to try new foods. As a family registered dietitian specializing in pediatrics, I will also teach children about nutrition in an age appropriate way. I am a registered dietitian specializing in both picky eating and food allergies. All recipes will be dietitian approved!
- Class length: 45 minutes (In person and virtual options available)
- Class themes: Each class will feature a different letter
Example of a class’s format:
(classes will vary based on age and allergies. All classes are hands on)
For the letter A:
- Recipe: Apple baked oatmeal cake (I call it cake, but its really baked oatmeal)
- I will take the children step by step through the recipe. I will highlight the letter A and apples which teaching other skills such as math, colors, measuring, and knife skills as we cook
- While the food cooks we will do other activities. We will learn about different forms of apples, do an apple science experiment and have an apple taste test. When time allows for it, we will also play nutrition games such as nutrition bingo!
both non cook/bake recipes and recipes that require a kitchen are available for your students.
Email LNZnutrition@gmail.com with any questions